Antitrust litigation is a complex and unique area of the law. By looking at litigation data from over 9,000 Antitrust cases, practitioners can gain valuable insights and craft succesful litigation strategy. This analytical review supplements traditional research and accumulated experience.
The 29 page report covers the following areas:
- Case Filings
- Case Timing to Key Milestones
- Top Districts and Judges
- Most Active Parties
- Top Law Firms
- Case Resolutions and Findings
- Damages Awards
Highlights of the report include:
- Overall Antitrust filings between January 1, 2009 and December 31, 2018 peaked in 2015. Case filings in 2018 were the lowest since 2011.
- Antitrust case filings excluding MDL Associated cases have remained steady since 2009, except for a noticeable drop in filings in 2017.
- The most active district for Antitrust filings between 2016 and 2018 was the Eastern District of Pennsylvania with nearly 16% of filings. In 2017, this district saw a spike in litigation alleging anticompetitive behavior by generic drug makers.
- Judge Cynthia M. Rufe in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and Judge Marianne O. Battani in the Eastern District of Michigan oversaw the most Antitrust cases filed between 2016 and 2018. Judge Battani had the most cases with damages.